Friday, July 3, 2009

The Gold Star Game

So, I thought it would be fun to get together with a bunch of friends and family and get healthier. This isn't about pounds or inches lost (though hopefully that happens too). This is about earning points by accomplishing little goals each day. At the end of four months, we will see who has the most points and they will win the pot-o-cash. The cash comes from everyone pitching in $20.00 to join---so the more people we can talk into doing this, the more money we will win. So, if you are interested, comment on this post with your name and email address and I will contact you and add your money to the pot. I am hoping we have about 20 people so that pot would be $400.00- you get the idea. Here are some sample goals that you will earn your points for...

Daily goals for Week 1
64 ounces of water
20 minutes of exercise
5 small meals
zero minutes of television (not even tv on the computer)
No fast food/restaurant food
No soda (not even diet!)
Read a leisure book for 10 minutes
Have one meal that is entirely raw (fruits, veggies and/or nuts)
Get to bed by 11pm
Write in journal daily

Week one - daily bonus goal
If you followed a meal plan for your week, add a point everyday (except Sunday)

Now if you exercised for forty minutes instead of twenty, DO NOT double your points! You only get the points once. We won't be adding points on Sundays! Each Sunday, I will post an entry titled RESULTS FOR WEEK 1- then I will comment what my results were and you can add your comments. That is how we will keep track! I will also post a new list of goals each week that will increase in difficulty as we progress. There are going to be ten goals each week. If you want to keep track of inches lost or pounds lost, you are welcome to do it here but that will not add or subtract your points.

START DATE: JULY 13th 2009

11 comments:

  1. Kimmy what a fantastic idea - count me (and Maddie) in!! You are an inspiration you know :o) So proud to call you my friend!

    ~Allison Bonney
    maddiesmom04@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Sunday is like a free day? And there are only 6 days of points?

    I'm thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunday is a free day. You don't lose and you don't gain points on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, a friend of mine forwarded me this link. I'm interested. Marilyn
    marilync1266@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn Buchanan and Heidi Buchanan are in on the game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in! I posted a link on my blog, so maybe we can get some more folks.
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elena and Jo are in! Now we are at ten including me. Thats $200.00 in the pot! Keep emailing- remember, the more the merrier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. count me in!!!I'm gona kick your butts people!!!

    Nothing like a little trash talkin' to get us all fired up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh! I only have two days to decide...

    ReplyDelete